Thursday, November 30, 2006

Auroville, the international village

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 Great feast for your eyes in this new village. I don’t know why but the word ‘Village’ when followed by another word sounds somewhat sophisticated. But almost anyone’s curiosity is kindled when they read ‘Food Village’, ‘Cultural Village’, ‘Art Village’, ‘Handicrafts Village’, and ‘International Village’ and so on.So what one would expect to find in such niche villages is a congregation of that activity or products that is relevant to the word that precedes ‘Village’.
For example, there is a place called ‘Auroville’ near my city Madras in India founded by the Aurobindo ashram. In this international village, citizens of various countries are allowed to settle down. I had to search the internet to meet out my son’s request for some new computer wallpapers; the ever dependable Google directed me promptly to a ‘Wallpaper Village,’ where upon entering, I stopped dead in my tracks. posted by Malathy at 12:53 AM Malathy Badri Location:Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India

No comments:

Post a Comment