Saturday, October 10, 2015

Art is what you respond to

The Navhind Times ARTI DAS | NT BUZZ
Ceramic artist Priya Sundaravalli from Auroville is in Goa to showcase her art at Gallery Gitanjali, Panaji. In conversation with NT BUZZ Priya speaks ...
On a concluding note when asked about viewer appreciation for her art she says that it is something that comes from within. “A viewer either has the vibration or sensitivity to appreciate a piece of art or not. To me pottery items being sold by a lady in a market-square are most precious objects, although these are actually dirt cheap. For me art is what you respond to, what’s inside you and what frees you,” says Priya.
(Gallery Gitanjali, Fontainhas, Panaji is hosting the opening “SYN.APSE” an exhibition of the ceramic works and art installations of Priya Sundaravalli on October 10 at 6.30 p.m. The exhibition is on till October 31 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)

The Hindu - Issues regarding children took the centre stage at the fourth Auroville Film Festival which drew to a close on Wednesday. Questions were raised on ...

KAVYA CHRISTOPHER, TNN | Jun 3, 2015, Jun 3, 2015 - First, the audience decides whether it wants to watch a film or not much before the film is released — irrespective of what the reviews say. Second, I have done subtle films earlier, with very little of what is quintessentially entertaining. Back in the day, they did not work as well as I thought they would. These days, we add those bits of entertainment and they seem to be working. I think the audience has a certain image of an actor, so much so that they know what to expect from him. Having said that, I also don't think the audience has actually expected too much of me from any of my films. At the most, they will say, he performs, and that his films are quite clean. If I do an extra fight, or dance, or a solid dialogue delivery, then that is a bonus. I understand some people are good at those things, so they need to do it. Even I will watch them. But I can't see myself doing all of that all the time.

Do you think that may have affected your popularity at some point?
Every actor goes through phases and I have been through my share of phases too. I wanted to do cinema that I believed in. But one day, I chanced upon a report that featured me in the third line, much after a lot of newcomers. I tried to analyze why I was so far behind and figured that it is not about your talent at all — an actor is defined only by his box office collection. And I knew that I wanted to be there. Talent is a myth. You will just receive compliments. There is nothing more that you can get out of it. But when you are successful, nobody speaks about how talented you are, it is only about how successful you are. I thought, if that is what is required for one to be called a popular actor, then so be it. It was not a small change. It took me at least four to five years to gain some sort of a foothold in the industry. I thank that report to make me want to come forth. I don't know how much ahead I am, but I know where I stand today.

Times of India-26-Jun-2015
After five years in the industry, Aditi Rao Hydari still hasn't lost her spunk .... I agree that bodies and faces are replaceable, but talent cannot be ...
What made you take up a realistic commercial film with male central characters?

For four years now, people have told me what I must do. 'You look too sweet', 'You must look more sexy' are things which I've often heard. It would really confuse me earlier. But I want to be myself now. People must love me for who I am not for who I am trying to be. I love it now because filmmakers pick me for this. Subhash Sir has used the vulnerability in my look that everybody sees and has given me a role that is driven by my acting. He made me play someone else and that is what gives the mystery angle to the character as well as the film. She speaks only with her dagger eyes. Her character is in layers and that is unspooled gradually in the film. I don't want to say too much because there is a lot more that is best reserved for theatres. I am glad my character is such that I got to be one of the boys in the film.

Are you trying to strike a balance between glamorous and meaty roles?
I had come into this movie just after Boss. I enjoy these glamorous roles. But now I have inculcated the mindset that I don't want to be replaceable in a movie. I agree that bodies and faces are replaceable, but talent cannot be replaced. I feel there is more to me and filmmakers are beginning to see that now.

Bollywood Life-06-Oct-2015
Aditi Rao Hydari is arguably one of the hottest women in Bollywood. She is stunning, talented and insanely attractive. Basically she is the ...

Satyajit Ray, ‎Sandip Ray - 2013 - ‎Art
Satyajit Ray, Sandip Ray. toy was an expensive one), and the ... made good films as well as bad ones. Bearing in mind that talent is a rare thing anywhere at any ...

Satyajit Ray - 2005 - ‎Motion picture producers and directors
Satyajit Ray. to cinema. The truth is that, in the absence of a suitable artist, it is futile to expect the creation of great art. Genuine talent is rare in any place, at any time ...

Andrew Robinson - 1989 - ‎Biography & Autobiography
'A Satyajit Ray script is so clear and natural that no discussion is necessary,' says ... This definition does not exclude the rare and lucky breed that gets five or ten ... experience is that people with talent suffer from an inhibiting fear of rejection ...

Wichita Eagle - ‎

No comments:

Post a Comment